Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Open Letter



Ok so remember I told you sometime back that Nandini Bhalla had become the editor of the Indian edition of Cosmopolitan.And wow, I am blown away by the result.She sure showed us(or rather the India Today Group) how much better Cosmopolitan can become.It really begs the question,why wasn't she hired any sooner!?I mean I love everything from the retro prom themed fashion editorial with Jacqueline Fernandez to the section which featured stylish people on the street(a theme I seem to be getting all too comfortable with).Even the pages borrowed from the international editions of Cosmo seem to be better(you will love the fashion spread featuring the boys from 'Jersey Shore').It really makes you wonder,was the previous editor trying her absolute best to come out with a shoddy magazine,considering she pretty much had the same resources at her disposal.Anywho,I commend Nandini Bhalla for the awesome transformation she has brought about in India's first fashion related magazine( or was it ELLE?).I truly commend her good taste,so much so that I too am contemplating a career in editorial work rather than fashion design(which seems to be getting the better of me).Cosmopolitan is officially my third favourite Indian fashion(or partly fashion) magazine.But don't take my word for it,go grab the October issue,which happens to be the first issue under Ms. Bhalla's editorship, and see for yourself.And incase it's a little too late for that,you always have November(the issue that is!).
Until next time.
xx



That's the October 2010 cover btw.

4 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous! I was so elated when she approached me for a little shoot which eventually didn't work out but still :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what makes her so irresistible to me is her creative vision!!
    and lucky you,you got to meet her *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ... my old boss. :)

    She's a tough cookie but nonetheless, I think she is one of the best India has.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. she truly is,i mean look at how she turned cosmo around.
    also she's from my school so,yeah u could say i'm biased :D

    ReplyDelete